At Mission North, we work with companies that want to drive real change in their industries. Our communications agency is driven by talented, ambitious and empathetic people who want a career and work culture built around purpose and impact. Mission North works with technology and life sciences companies at every stage: startups going to market, growth-stage companies, and established ones like LinkedIn and Snowflake.
We are looking to hire a new leader of our enterprise technology practice, which works with innovative companies across app development, cloud infrastructure, data analytics and high performance computing. Some clients we are proud to represent are: ANSYS, Harness, Materialize, Sonatype, Snowflake, ThoughtSpot, and several VCs specializing in the future of data and IT infrastructure. Familiarity with the cybersecurity and “future of work” technologies is also valued for this role, as we often experience segment crossover with our portfolio.
What makes us Mission North?
- Our motto is “Invest in Team First.” We're a down-to-earth group that cares deeply about each other and our communities
- We value lifelong learning and personal growth
- Recognizing employees for their hard work is deeply embedded in our culture
- And we offer some pretty amazing perks
As a practice lead, you will:
- Be a strategic partner to our clients, their executive teams, and promote strategies that will help them reach their full potential
- Be accountable for all elements of the enterprise technology practice (which we call “Future Stack”). This includes setting and planning against revenue goals, talent development, agency marketing, lead generation and new business development
- Serve as a steward of Mission North’s values and operating principles
- Mentor, advise, and/or support staff across all levels
- Work closely with fellow account leads to direct account staffing and forecasting
- Report directly to Shannon Hutto, Partner and GM of West Coast
- Bachelor’s degree
- Compelling communication and presentation skills
- Exceptional creative and content development skills on technical topics
- Strategic communications leadership experience over enterprise tech brands, with expertise in at least two of our key focus areas: app development, artificial intelligence/machine learning, collaboration/productivity, cloud infrastructure, cybersecurity, data infrastructure and analytics, devops, IoT and simulation software.
- Experience leading strategic workshops and initiatives including messaging, storyline development, thought leadership platform development and media training.
- Experience architecting communications strategies through milestone moments for companies (e.g. launching from stealth, creating a new category, managing a crisis, or an IPO)
- Proven track record directing multiple teams at PR/comms agencies and/or within the comms function of enterprise tech companies
- Strong management skills and genuine interest in managing and mentoring teams
Why Mission North?
- We are all in. Recognizing that we are better together, we show up for each other every day.
- We dig deep. We're organized by practice, which means clients get a team with deep expertise, relationships, and knowledge in their market. It's not enough to know the media and influencers shaping these industries. We need to be experts in the main issues driving them.
- We are a multidisciplinary team. Telling stories in a truly integrated way - across media, social, and owned channels - requires an integrated mindset and skillset. We build teams that amplify individuals’ strengths across our crew of communications strategists, media relations pros, writers and editors, designers, data analysts, content marketers, paid and social media managers.
- We welcome all points of view: A creative team thrives with a diverse set of perspectives. We strive to include diverse viewpoints in every aspect of our business and client work. We are stronger when everyone feels they belong and speaks up.
- We give back. We invest two percent of our profits and time in local nonprofit organizations having donated more than $1M in grants and pro bono services to critical causes shaping our communities.